Apple Pie Wontons - Thanks Wonton Warrior







I love making wontons and trying all kinds of experiments with them.  This is not an experiment since there are many recipes for wontons with apples.  This one can be baked and it should have been baked.  I have company coming, any minute and I did not want to be in the middle of waiting for my oven to heat up.  Thus, I did something, I am not happy about, I deep fried them.  This is the recipe for baked.  If you want to fry them, heat up the oil (1 to 2 1 1/2 inches high) and drop them into HOT oil for less than a minute on each side.  When they are golden, take out with slotted spoon and place on paper towels.


I found the second side needed only seconds to be done.  Watch carefully.



Ingredients:

butter-flavor cooking spray
2 medium apples, peeled/cored/minced
1 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
24 wonton wrappers
1 1/2 tablespoon powdered sugar

Method:


Preheat oven to 350ºF. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray. 

In a medium bowl, combine apples, brown sugar, lemon juice and cinnamon; toss to coat apples. Place wonton wrappers on a flat surface. Drop apple mixture by teaspoonfuls onto center of each wrapper. Moisten edges of wrapper with wet fingers, fold over one corner to make a triangle and press sides together to seal. Transfer filled wrappers to prepared baking sheet and coat surface with cooking spray. Bake until wontons are golden brown, about 15 minutes. 

Place wontons on individual plates and sift with powdered sugar. 
Photobucket

Comments

  1. I bet the deep fryer made them nice and crusty! They look scrumptious Chaya. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man, these would have been SO much easier than the apple pie I made on T-day! And just as delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Bizzy,
    These little Wontons looks so good! Hope you are having a great holiday week end. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you will come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. These wontons look amazing. I bet they taste as good as they look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes frying is the only way to go, Chaya! These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...I would have to indulge in this scrumptious treat, for sure! Thx for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look amazing. Nothing wrong with a little bit of frying things, especially for something that needs a crispy wrapper!

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Food on Momtrends.com!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost