Duck Sauce Salmon


I  know this is a strange name for a salmon dish but it is the duck sauce that made this into such an enjoyable meal.

I have to preface this by saying, I don't usually buy duck sauce, not that there is anything wrong with it, but I like to make my own marinades and sauces and usually do.  My daughter, on the other hand, keeps buying large bottles of the stuff and when I last looked, I found three bottles on the shelf.  It is time to use it up after having a talk with her about duck sauce.  She tends to collect mayonnaise also.  Did I deprive her as a child?

When I was making my salmon, I was thinking a honey-mustard marinade.  When, I opened the refrigerator door, I  saw a bottle of opened duck sauce.  Wonder who put it there?  Not me. I changed my choice of recipe and took out the duck sauce.  I made a great salmon with it and some crumbs.

Duck Sauce Salmon (adapted from allrecipes - recipe using mustard instead of duck sauce)

Ingredients

2 (4 ounce) fillets salmon
2 tablespoons duck sauce
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup crumbs from a chip such as tortilla chips or potato chips
olive oil spray
Method:
 
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F .
Line a shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. 
Place salmon skin-side down on foil. 
Spread a thin layer of duck sauce on the top of each fillet, and season with  pepper. 
Top with crumbs,  then spray with olive oil.
 Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until salmon flakes easily with a fork.

Eat and Enjoy.

Comments

  1. Ooh, interesting. How about linking this in to Food on Friday, Salmon? Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen or heard of bottled duck sauce before. Interesting flavour! Your salmon looks delicious! Now I am ever so curious about duck sauce! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds yummy! Love duck sauce. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never knew you could buy duck sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea...and I didn't know you can buy a duck sauce either. Good to know:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. duck sauce was a frequently used condiment in my house growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Randy
    randydavis387@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost