Recipe Box Linky # 6 - Thanks for Lunch


Recipe Box


Recipe Box



First, I was going to tell you, I may have made a mistake in this lunch commitment. When the time comes to eat, I have to give it thought. No more, grabbing a piece of cheese from the refrigerator, or taking a stack pack of crackers or even corn cakes which is my nosh of choice - tasty and low calorie and no fat.

I couldn't very well, show you a photo of a piece of red pepper or a slice of Gouda or a glass of juice or even leftover pasta, heated up - ugh. What kind of a blog would I have? No, now I have to show you a real lunch or at least a semblance of one.

When, I was about to write this, I took another bite of my quesadillo and changed direction. I was thankful for the yummy lunch and I have been almost every day, since I began reporting in. That reminds me, I have to fill in the information on my Lunch page.

The recipes, I choose, are usually quite easy to make, considering how little time, I have, to get them ready and to eat. It may be summer but that is not a cop-out time. It is a time to catch up and do what I can't fit in, during the school year.

At the end of this project, I am hoping, we all have some new ideas for lunch and eat both healthier and heartier.

So, what did I make today? I have had a bag of gluten-free tortillas in my refrigerator since last week. I was yearning for cheese and vegetables. I decided to put the three together and make a wrap but I can't name it. Maybe you can. It has goat cheese, cheddar, baby spinach, tomato and garlic. Nothing is really the predominant ingredient other than the wrap.


I was going to call it:  

Goat Cheese Spinach Tortilla.

Tomato-Cheddar Wrap

The Two Cheese Special

Some Kind of Quesadilla

In the meanwhile, it can stand at Thanks for Lunch


Ingredients:

1 cornmeal tortilla

1 tomato sliced

shredded Cheddar, enough to cover most of the tortilla

3/4 cup goat cheese

1 cup of baby spinach

1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

I am guessing the packed tortilla could have gone into the oven for a few minutes and it would have turned out basically the same, maybe a little less crisp. I did not want to turn on the oven in this heat so I made it in a skillet.

Method:

Spray skillet with olive oil cooking spray.

Lay tortilla down, opened.

Shred cheddar directly onto the tortilla to basically cover surface.

 
Crumble goat cheese on top of cheddar. 

Sprinkle minced garlic on, next.

Lay out sliced tomato, slightly more to the side that you are going to lift to fold.

Add spinach also to the same side.  
Sprinkle a little more Cheddar cheese.
Fold in half and remove with a wide spatula.

Place on plate and please enjoy every bite. I did.
I know, this is a long post to included before a Recipe Box and I did it with a purpose in mind.  You are free to link any recipe,  you want, but if you have any good lunch ideas, I will appreciate it.  If there are some that do not take too much time and use ingredients that fit into our lifestyle, I will be glad to cook from the linky.  Others may prefer dishes for other meals so please feel free to link up, whatever you want to share.  Thanks for hanging out here.  Time to look at some of last week's goodies.

Recipe Box

Coconut Vanilla Bean Ice Cream from the Tasty Alternative
Coconut Checkerboard Brownies from Kitchen Flavours

Not so Checkerboard Brownies from Vivian Pang Kitchen

Healthier Carrot Walnut Cake from Piece Of Cake
Now, it's time to fill the recipe box. 

Comments

  1. Quesadillas make a frequent appearance during lunch hour on the weekends here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting this - good idea t collect lunch recipes. I have linked in bacon and scrambled egg rolls.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting again, Chaya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chaya for another party
    I LOVE your lunch idea !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, Chaya. I love making quesadillas for lunch from time to time and yours looks like something our whole family would enjoy. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely need to eat healthier lunches. Your event has given me a lot of good ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a great idea I don't know if I will be able to do this often we live a second shift lifestyle thus our main meal is at lunch time- all the recipes I have posted before we eat noonish so my lunch is at dinner time and it is usually left overs from our noon meal or a salad- make one for me while I make my dh's he takes to work I would love to join in so I am gonna try and figure something out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting. Your lunch looks pretty tasty to me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How how I miss cheese! So pretty melting on the brown rice tortilla.

    I think you should keep this simple and call it: Gluten Free Grilled Veggie and Cheese Wrap.

    Thank you for featuring my coconut vanilla bean ice cream with "caramel" sauce. It looks so pretty all big on your screen! :-)

    This week I am sharing Chewy Grain Free Granola Bars (cane-sugar free, SCD friendly) and Raw Mexican Chocolate Ice Cream (vegan, dairy free, cane sugar free)!

    Thanks for hosting

    Be Well,
    --Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for choosing my brownies as your featured recipes. Glad I found your blog. Will try to share my recipes in future.
    I like your cheesy wrap. Simplify delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yum,
    I love melted cheese in a wrap. I also tend to grab something fast for lunch. Making something for my blog is always a good incentive to be more creative.
    I linked a spinach basil pesto recipe that I used for an appetizer on cucumber slices and gluten free crackers. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whatever you want to call it, it looks delicious! I could eat this for breakfast every day! Thanks for hosting again Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for hosting! this week, i shared my Veggie Curry over Millet! It's Gluten Free, Vegan, and Body Ecology Diet friendly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your quesadilla looks delicious!

    Today I've linked up my lavender lemonade.

    Thanks for hosting!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Chaya, I love your wrap, its really my kind of lunch/dinner... Simple, healthy and delicious. Thanks for featuring my carrot cake on your page, look forward to contributing more recipes to the Recipe Box.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Chaya dear, Happy recipe box linky day!
    Hope you're enjoying your day, dear.
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Chaya,
    Your lunch looks yummy. I am sharing my Roasted Asparagus Delight for a party today. Hope you are having a great day and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for hosting, Chaya! Hope you are having a great week....your lunch looks fantastic:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Whatever you decide to call your salad Chaya it sure sounds yummy to me. Perhaps you could go with Whatchamacallit Salad, lol...

    Thanks for sharing Chaya...I'm off to check out some linky deliciousness:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is one seriously mouthwatering post with all those delicious features and your wonderful lunch! This week I have shared an older post, updated to include a link back to you, because it is a great lunch dish. I hope you enjoy my Tuna Pasta Salad. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my, how delicious is this lunch?? Thank you so much for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So happy to have found a site like this..lots of yummmm. I have link up my Roast Lamb shoulder but as you can see, I'm very new.. i didn't put down the dish's name :P will do better next time..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Chaya,
    Your lunch looks delicious! Thank you for featuring my brownies! And I've just linked a post on Challah. Thank you for hosting and have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. hi chaya, whatever you call them , it's going to be delicious! i love wraps, i can eat these anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Chaya, I've brought a glass of Sparkling Limeade to share, a perfect refreshing end to a satisfied lunch!
    Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost