Asian Glazed Chicken

I, thankfully, don't usually feel under the weather but tonight, I do.  I came home, checked my mail and climbed into my cozy bed.  I had stopped at the store to pick up chicken cutlets for dinner but did not feel like making them.

After a while of feeling sorry for myself, I dragged myself (Am I doing a good job of sounding like I was miserable?  I am but not that miserable.) into the kitchen and stood there looking at the counter.  Not terribly productive, I admit.  Hubby came home, took one look at me and asked what he could do.  Yeah hubby!

I left him cutting potatoes while I mixed an easy glaze together, one which was not going to sit with the chicken for 24 hours.  I can imagine how much tastier, this would have been, if it had sat for the time.


Asian Glazed Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 1/3  cup  rice vinegar
  • 1/4  cup  lower-sodium soy sauce
  • 3  tablespoons  honey
  • 2  tablespoons  dark sesame oil
  • 1 1/2  tablespoons  chili  sauce (I used sweet.)
  • 1 frozen garlic cube
  • 2 chicken breasts cut into about 8 pieces

Directions:

1. Combine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, chili sauce, and garlic, stirring until honey dissolves. Pour vinegar mixture into a zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken to bag; seal.
2. In large skillet, place chicken in marinade.
3.Cook over medium low heat for five minutes on each side or until chicken is done. 

This was made in the oven, which normally, I prefer but I wanted to keep coating the chicken as it cooked, so I made it on the stove.  Since the only oil was the sesame oil, it did not fry.  It cooked nicely in the sauce.  The sauce thickened up and I let it get black in a few spots because I like that.


Crispy Sliced Potatoes

3 medium potatoes
1 Tablespoon olive oil

Slow cooked this in a large skillet on the stove.  It was a thick slice for sliced potatoes cooked this way.  I kept turning them throughout the cooking process to get each of them, at least tinged with color.  This with the chicken and a salad made for a pleasant meal.

 Ultimate REcipe Swap

Comments

  1. Of course I love all these flavors because I'm Filipina! Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost