Green Beans, Tomato and Watermelon Salad with Feta Cheese - WwDH



This week, our group, Eating With Ellie, made a salad with sugar snap peas, tomato, watermelon and feta cheese.  I had to sub in green beans which I think worked well.  I did omit the mint that was called for but other than that the oil, lemon and black pepper were included.

Kayte selected this recipe and I was intrigued.  I could not imagine watermelon with vegetables and feta cheese but I wanted to find out what it would be like.  It is great. The very best part is the combination of feta and watermelon, the cool sweetness against the tang of the cheese.

There is a reason, we venture into new territories, and it is because we would never know about those good food combinations that exist although the sound less than appealing.

Check out the other members of our group at Eating with Ellie (EwE).

Comments

  1. I picked this one because it was so pretty and figured it would be great at a picnic as everything could stand at room temp. I thought I would like it because I liked all the ingredients, but I wasn't certain how it was going to turn out in this combination. Turns out it was really really good! I would make this again, great for summer! Yours looks good, too, and I think the green beans would be perfect in it if you can't find sugar snap peas! Green beans in summer are always a good thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was good, wasn't it. The sweet and salty pair well together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm running behind but I plan to make this tonight for dinner. Yours looks delicious! I can't wait to taste this is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, okay, okay. I'll make the salad!! I guess I can venture into more new territory. Looks so pretty and refreshing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost