Pasta Carbonara - Donna Hay



This week, our Donna Hay recipe for I Heart Cooking Clubs is Fast and Fabulous and we were asked to make dinners that take under thirty minutes.  Donna is known for her delicious meals that seem to appear in seconds.  this one certainly did not take that half hour.  While the spaghetti was cooking, I mixed the ingredients and after draining the pasta, it took minutes to thicken the sauce and we sat down to eat in about 15 minutes.  There was no chopping, slicing or dicing.  It was as simple as can be and equally delicious.

While I have the ingredients for a carbonara, I left out the meat which would make it a no-no for those of us who keep kosher.  I didn't think it was missing anything.

Pasta Carbonara  Donna Hay from Donna Hay – Fast, Fresh, Simple


Ingredients:

·8 ounces gluten-free spaghetti


· 2 egg yolks

· 1 cup cream 

· ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese

· sea salt and cracked black pepper

 · extra finely grated parmesan, to serve


Method:

Cook the pasta in a large saucepan according to package directions.

Add the egg yolks, cream, parmesan, salt and pepper and stir for 2 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly and coated the pasta.

Sprinkle with extra parmesan to serve.


Linked to Full Plate Thursdays.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya!

    I love Pasta Carbona and I LOVE that you have omitted the meat! Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! I am on board with pasta anytime. Nice choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,
    I could eat this anytime! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is probably one of the fastest and tastiest things you can possibly make! One can never go wrong with pasta and cheese. Looks very creamy and delicious, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dish looks so rich and delicious it has me craving pasta carbonara now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great comfort dish, Chaya. I like that you made it meatless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pasta is so great for a quick but satisfying dinner. This looks so creamy and cheesy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love carbonara but never think to leave out the meat. Have to try this one. sounds delish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of my favorite Pasta dishes, this looks amazing! Hope you have a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday!
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful pasta. Have never made carbonara as the use of eggs would qualify it as non vegetarian for my husband.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spaghetti Carbonara is one of my favourite dishes and one we frequently have for a quick and easy mid-week dinner. Delicious choice for "Fast & Fabulous".

    ReplyDelete
  12. The recipe without the carbonara part sounds interesting, I think that would be a nice side dish on its own and may give it a try next time we are in the mood for carbonara and I'm out of the carbonara part! Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost