My Meatless Mondays - Salmon Gefilte Fish Cakes - Jamie Geller


Often, we have salmon instead of gefilte fish for the fish course on Sabbath night. I look for those not made with matzah meal and this week, it turned out, I could only find salmon gefilte fish. It is a little more expensive but it is tastier. 

One of my sons was coming with his family and I know he likes when I make patties out of the frozen loaf so I planned to do so with the salmon gefilte fish. Jamie from Joy of Kosher has an interesting recipe on here site and I made a few changes to make it gluten-free and I baked it instead of frying and it was delicious. I think, we will be indulging in these loaves more often. This is cheaper than salmon fillets as well.

Gefilte Fish Cakes(Joy of Kosher)  Adapted

Serving : 8

Ingredients:

1 loaf frozen salmon gefilte fish, defrosted (22-ounce) 


½ cup diced red bell pepper

1 small red onion, diced

2 celery stalks, diced

½ cup light mayonnaise

4 tablespoons drieddill

¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

1 egg

1 cup corn flake crumbs

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.


In a large bowl combine gefilte fish, peppers, onions, celery, ½ cup mayonnaise, dill,  pepper, egg and cornflake cumbs and stir well to combine. 


Using slightly wet hands, scoop ¼ cup and form into patties. Place on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. 

Bake at 350 degrees f0r 25 minutes.

These can be eaten, hot, warm or cold.  We like them straight out of the oven. Jamie serves these with a horseradish sauce.  Hop over to her fabulous site and get the recipe.  While there, check out some of the other recipes.   I bet you find some to make.



Looking back:

April almost sent me back to the kitchen when I saw this dish but I had just eaten and my better judgement won out.  Crunchy French Bread Egg Pie from the 21 st Century Housewife. 
Crunchy French Bread Egg Pie

Who could pass these by without taking one or two or maybe even three?  Mini Deep Dish Custard Tarts from  the Pink Recipe Box.
Mini Deep Dish Custard Tarts with Whole Wheat Pastry | www.pinkrecipebox.com

I grew up eating raisin bread and it has always remained a favorite.  Take a look and see why I love it so.  This is from Ma Niche.

\
I am looking forward what you are bringing to the table.  Thanks for sharing with us.


Comments

  1. Thanks so much for featuring my custard tarts! I hope you have a fabulous week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for featuring the Brown Sugar-Raisin Bread and hosting the party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice features, Chaya. Thank you for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting, lots of fantastic posts to look through this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost