German Apple Cake


We adore apples in anything, apple crumble, crisp, pie, pancakes, cakes, muffins, cupcakes, etc.  Apples have a nice sweetness and a crisp crunch.  It is a gift of the Fall.  

When I was choosing recipes, for the SRC, I had come down to two, I wanted to make which I did.  I posted the soup as my choice for the SRC but I also made the German Apple Cake which hubby could not stop raving about.

German Apple Cake adapted from Jenny's Cookbook Makes 16 slices Gluten-free

Ingredients:

2 large eggs
½ cup canola oil
½ cup Tofutti sour cream
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups gluten-free flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
4 medium apples, peeled, cored and diced
 

Method:

Preheat oven to 350F and grease and flour a bundt pan (or a 9x13 square).

Beat the eggs, oil and sour cream on medium speed with mixer until creamy. Beat in sugars and vanilla until well combined.

Combine all the dry ingredients with a whisk, then, slowly add to egg mixture with a wooden spoon. The batter will be thick.

Fold in apples by hand, then, spread the batter into the prepared pan.

Bake for 45 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. 


Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. This cake looks delicious! So full of fall apple flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great choice. I love apple cakes too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost