Tuesday, October 29, 2013

banana, hazelnut and chocolate bread - WWDH

It is Donna Hay time again and I selected this week's recipe, this interesting bread.  I have to be honest, I made this weeks ago and I have completely forgotten what it is like.  I hope, I can find the photos.  I hope the other bakers liked it.  I will learn NOT to be so organized.

I hope this is the bread.

banana, hazelnut and chocolate bread  (adapted)
  • 125g butter, softened
  • 1 cup  brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups mashed banana
  • ½ cup  toasted hazelnuts, chopped
  • 1 cup  chopped dark chocolate
  • 1¾ cups  plain (all-purpose) flour, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder, sifted
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • ⅓ cup  maple syrup


  1. Hi Chaya, it was delicious - not your average banana bread.

  2. I'm not a chocolate fan but Mark loved it! He ate three pieces the first day and then decided he had better slow it down a bit. That's a good recipe if he eats it like that! Yours looks pretty.

  3. It was VERY tasty. Thanks for picking this one. Love the mix of chocolate and banana.

  4. I rarely bake with bananas and this is a bread (we call it here cake) I need to try.
    I like the combination with hazelnut and chocolate :)


Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.