Peach Cashew Coffee Cake - THB


Peach-Cashew Coffee Cake 

The scheduled recipe for the Home Bakers is a Peach-Cashew Coffee Cake and I am happy to say that I made this choice.  I love peaches and hubby loves nuts so we have a cake akin to a marriage made in heaven.

When, I chose the cake, I did not know it was to be scheduled at this time but once I got the date, I thought, I would be able to pull it off and I guess I have.  I feel badly that I didn't get better photos but it has been an incredibly busy month with school and the Jewish holy days, which I am sure I have repeated over and over again.  I had no time to make this a second time although, I am thinking, it would be a wonderful cake for the upcoming Succot holidays.  If I do make it, I plan to update the photos, if they are better.

I am sharing the recipe as it is written in the book.  I made mine gluten-free to accommodate my husband.  I ended up using frozen peaches to save the time of preparing fresh peaches.  

"This light butter cake encases decorative peach slices under a crunchy cashew topping. A delectable all-around coffee cake, it is perfect for breakfast, mid-afternoon snack, or dessert."


Peach Cashew Coffee Cake from Coffee Cakes simple, sweet and savory by Lou Seibert Pappas.
Ingredients:

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter at room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
3 large eggs
1 tablespoon amaretto liqueur, or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
4 peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 3/8-inch-thick slices
2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon freshly grated or ground nutmeg
1/2 cup (2 ounces) roasted cashews or slivered almonds
2 tablespoons Demerara or turbinado sugar

Method:

Preheat the oven to 375F. Butter and flour an 11-inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom or a 10-inch springform pan.

In a large bowl, cream the butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and amaretto or vanilla and beat until smooth. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir to blend. Mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, beating well until smooth. Turn into the prepared pan. Toss the peaches with the lemon juice and nutmeg and arrange them on top. Sprinkle with the nuts and Demerara or turbinado sugar.

Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the pan sides. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Makes one 11-inch cake; serves 10.

  This is a pan, I rarely use and this was a lovely excuse to bring it to the light of day.

Comments

  1. Great choice Chaya. We love this cake & yours looks great to me! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    This cake sounds good! I'm baking mine this week, as I have a few other bakes in the fridge that I want to finish up first!
    Will be using canned peaches as fresh ones are really expensive!
    Looking forward to make this, I love peaches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya, the 1st picture of your cake looks perfect to me :) Definitely very buttery, soft and moist!! It's great for coffee or tea which is awesome ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great coffee cake to have any time of a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pan really is lovely, and your cake looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Chaya for selecting this simple but delish coffee cake!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Chaya,

    Sorry that I can't bake this cake... *sign*

    You are feeling bad that you didn't get better photos??? Nay - Your cake look really good!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love peaches. This coffee cake looks and sound yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chaya, its been ages since I visited your blog...and followed in the past (I think it was under a different name at the time) I clicked over from Zoe, to get the recipe for this awesome coffee cake...glad I did, and will want to make it real soon. We still have fresh peaches in our supermarket, so I'm looking forward to make it soon and link it back to you! Love how moist and scrumptious your cake turned out. (following your blog, again) xo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost