Welcome to the home of BIZZY people where cooking is fun, quick, easy and delicious. Over the years, my taste in food has changed, as have my recipes. This blog will chronicle the changes I continue to make, as I face challenges in healthier eating and in new methods of cooking.
A New Grandchild
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
On top of all that is going on in our life, I am happy to share that we have a brand new grandchild, only a short while ago. This one is big - 9lbs 11 0z.
It says, "thai" so I have to like the Thai Chicken San Choy Bau that we are making this week in our Donna Hay Wednesday group. It was a bit spicy and the chopped chicken was a nice change of pace. Kayte selected this recipe from On the Shelf on page 124. I tried it with the greens and it was very good and then I put it on spaghetti and it was spectacular. My toddler granddaughter even liked it. Must have been the hot sauce. I used romaine for the greens and I subbed in red pepper and added some Sirracha to spice it up to make up for the real chilis. Do check out the other cooks' dishes at our Wednesday with Donna Hay site.
Veggie Delight I had no name for this dish, I put together, this evening. I am finding it difficult to follow recipes from cookbooks or online. Almost always, I take the recipe, in another direction. That is what happened, today. I pulled out a few cookbooks, found a recipe for roasted cubes of vegetables in a tomato sauce and covered with cheese. It had veggies, I had in the house and the idea of roasting vegetables with a cheese topping intrigued me. I ended up slicing the veggies thinly on the mandolin and separately putting piles of them, in a baking dish. I then dropped some spicy cheese on top, well spaced out. It was delicious. Ingredients: 1 zucchini 1 yellow squash 2 carrots 1 mini red pepper 1 mini yellow pepper 1 mini orange pepper 1/4 green pepper spray olive oil 3 slices from a twisted spicy mozzarella roll 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil (my basil is re...
Last week, everyday was special. I had company on Monday and Tuesday and hubby was home Wednesday through Friday. There was no single lunch for me. It is a new week and a busy one but so far, I am here for lunch. Yesterday, I indulged again but since I am steadily losing weight, bit by bit, I am happy for the indulgences. The trade-off is chocolate for a more adventurous for lunch. Monday's lunch, looking back could have been made completely with zucchini noodles, skipping the brown rice pasta and it would have been a better dish but I was so, in the mood, for pasta. The sauce killed it anyway. Be prepared for some really healthy lunches and some over the top ones. One of my favorite dishes is an Alfredo which is why when I came across this recipe at allrecipes.com, I knew I was going to make it. I like the idea that I was, at least, getting some zucchini into it. I bet it would be good with broccoli or spinach. Zucchini Alfredo adapted from All Recipes. com Ingredien...
Ohhhh, LOVE that little face!! So chubby and sweet. :-) Congratulations, dear Chaya! :-) XO
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to grandma and family!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to you and your family, Chaya! What lovely news :) x
ReplyDeletecongratulations Chaya..a big baby indeed!
ReplyDelete