Saturday, September 15, 2012

Corn Fried Rice


I received my Food Network magazine, yesterday and decided to make a few recipes, from it, before it gets put to the side.  The first time, I go through a magazine, I get excited about some of the recipes but if I don't act on that, right away, they usually don't get made.  One of these recipes is the Corn Fried Rice.  I would be happy adding corn to any recipe and fried rice is a favorite.

I made the recipe as dictated by Food Network, adding 1 tablespoon of Tamari.  I also used olive oil in place of peanut oil.

Corn Fried Rice

Ingredients:


1 egg, beaten

2 tablespoons olive oil, added as needed

4 sliced scallions

1/4 teaspoon minced garlic

1/2 teaspoon sugar

salt to taste

1 tablespoon rice wine

1 cup corn

2 cups cooked brown rice


Method:

Scramble 1 beaten egg in oil in a skillet over high heat; remove to a plate.

Heat more peanut oil in the skillet. Add 4 sliced scallions, 1 minced garlic clove, 1/2 teaspoon sugar, and salt to taste; stir-fry 30 seconds.

Add 1 tablespoon rice wine and 1 cup corn; stir-fry 1 minute. Add 2 cups cooked rice and cook, stirring, 3 minutes. 


Stir in the scrambled egg and season with salt.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so far behind in my food network magazines. I'm still on the June issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I'm behind on my Cooking Light issues. Still on August.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.