Apple Almond Brown Rice
I find that rice is an excellent base to show off other food.
- Add some vegetables or fruits and you have a new dish, one that is probably a success.
- Mix in a juice or a sauce and it is apt to work.
- Brown some onions and mushrooms and with a few changes, you will have fried rice.
- Boil it. Bake it. Fry it. Rice is good and versatile.
- Make a pudding and you have a sweet treat.
Apple Almond Brown Rice - a very easy recipe
2 cups brown rice (cooked in a combination of apple juice and water - half and half)
1 small onion, diced
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 cup chopped apples
1/2 cup assorted nuts and dried fruit (almonds and golden raisins and dried blueberries)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
In a large skillet brown diced onion in olive oil. Cook until translucent.(5 minutes)
Add rice, curry, brown sugar and apples, nuts and dried fruit. Mix together and cook for about two minutes.
Serve. Eat and enjoy.