Monday, October 12, 2015

Something Sweet

I am coming back to blogging slowly but surely.  It is hard not to have this as a daily discipline and then expect to jump in full force.  I couldn't do it.  I think, once I get a few days posted in a row, I will pick up the volume and hopefully fill you in on some wonderful dishes, I made over the holidays.

Something Sweet is the name of a recently published book by Miriam Pascal who has a blog, the Overtime Cook.  I decided to use it for most of my holiday baking and it truly fit my needs. Miriam thinks like I do and prefers using oil to a less healthy margarine in many of her baked goods. The mousse, I made from the book, had no raw eggs, something I am diligent about not using.

The best part of the book for me was the recipes, Miriam chose to use.  I wanted to make almost all of them and I have made a good start already.  Some recipes, I baked were Peanut Butter and Banana Chocolate Chip Cake - a huge success with our guests, Snickerdoodle Bundt Cake, Fudgy Brownies, Pumpkin Crumb Cake, Pomegranate Cupcakes, Chocolate Chip Peanut Pie, Hot Gooey Caramel Pie, Egg Free Chocolate Mousse plus I made the Caramel Sauce and the Chocolate sauce, all which were top notch.

Do these make your mouth water?  I was not disappointed with any of the recipes and I am planning to be baking more for this Shabbos.  The dilemma, I have is which ones to choose.

I will be sharing a few of the recipes on this blog but this is a book, I think many of you would enjoy having  in your homes.  It is not fair to the author to reprint many recipes and as soon as I find out how many I am allowed to, I will share them with you.

My photos do not do justice to the recipes but here are a few baked delights we enjoyed.

Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table             What'd You Do  This Weekend           

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a very nice book, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.


Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.