Cabbage Casserole


I have been trying with a minimum of success to share with you the recipes I made for the jewish holidays.  I look at my photos and unfortunately, in some cases, I have no idea what they are.  Kugels and casseroles have similar looks.  I am guessing, this is a cabbage casserole but I am not sure.  

What I am sure of is that it was delicious and went quickly.  I am finding more and more ways to make cabbage.  It is a versatile vegetable and mixes with many other ingredients.  Forget only using it for cole slaw.  It is a multi-"talented" veggie.


Cabbage Casserole  (adapted)
  • 1/4   cup butter 
  • 1  bag shredded cabbage (green or white)
  • 1   large onion, finely chopped
  • 3/4 cup milk
  • 2  eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1 cup panko crumbs

  • 1/2  teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Method:
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spray with cooking oil a one quart casserole dish.
Melt  butter in large saucepan. 

Add cabbage and onion; cook over medium heat until softened, about 20 minutes.

 Stir in milk; bring to boiling. 

Lower heat to medium-low; simmer for 5 minutes. 

Remove from heat and cool slightly.
Gently stir in eggs. 

Add 1/2 cup Panko crumbs, salt and pepper. 

Pour into prepared casserole dish. 

Sprinkle with remaining panko crumbs.
Bake in 325 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until heated through and top is golden brown.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya,
    I am laughing out loud that you look at your photo and can't tell what it is! so funny.. Your recipe sounds delicious. We are big cabbage fans and would probably enjoy this simple casserole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have recently become a big fan of the runza casserole which is beef, cabbage and cheese in pastry. Easy to make and pretty good! Check out recipes on pinterest.

    ReplyDelete


  3. شركه تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
    والصدق والامانه فى العمل ، وهدفنا هو ارضاؤك وراحتك ، لا تقلق ونحن معك

    شركه عزل فوم بالجبيل
    لا تجهد نفسك ونحن تحت امرك ورهن اشارتك .
    أبرز خدمات مؤسسة الحرمــين للمقاولات العامة بالدمام والرياض

    شركه عزل فوم بالدمام



    شركة عزل اسطح بالقطيف

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post is amazing, it's so good to have a glance on such thing. I'd say college counseling is more fruitful to carry out prior ACT or SAT prep, assists in setting out career goals.
    https://vanguardcp.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost