Wednesday, March 20, 2013

SRS - Pumpkin Bread


I just joined this group, SRS-Secret Recipe Swap where one is given a blog and selects something from it, to bake or cook. Since this is my first month participating, I was excited about what blog, I would get and what kind of cooking, she did.

I was pleased to discover "Sew, what's Cooking with Joan", is a particularly interesting blog with fabulous recipes as well as projects that are impressive.  I plan on returning here again and again.  I spotted many recipes to add to my "to do" list.  This is a busy time, in my life, so I could not take fill advantage of Joan's blog but, after the Jewish holidays, I hope to visit often.

Pumpkin Bread

adapted from Bobby Flay via Sew, What's Cooking with Joan?


4 tablespoons oil
1 3/4 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 teaspoon  salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 cup  oil
1 cup canned pumpkin puree
2 large eggs


Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. 

Whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice and cloves in a small bowl. 

Beat the sugar and oil on high speed.

Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until just incorporated. Mixing on low speed, slowly add the flour mixture and 2/3 cup water and mix until just combined.

Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from the pan and let cool completely. 

Eat and enjoy.

My husband, who has been down on pumpkin, for a while, loved this recipe and now  pumpkin is back in his good graces.  Thanks Joan for adding a new ingredient to our schedule.


  1. raw food recipes It would be impossible to pick a “World’s Greatest Dessert,” but if you’re going to have that conversation, the classic crème caramel has to be part of the discussion.

  2. Pumpkin bread looks super soft and yum

  3. A healthy and very moist and delicious bread.

  4. Nice job on the Pumpkin Bread from, I forgot about this one!! I love your blog too!!

  5. I love pumpkin and this looks delicious...Pinning it so that I have the recipe.. Following you now through GFC and Linky. Thanks for stopping at my blog.

  6. Chaya, this looks wonderful! I love pumpkin bread & this one looks so moist & yummy :)

  7. Welcome to SRS! This bread looks quite tasty with all the spices. :)


Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.