Recipe Box # 38 - Crispy Pasta Cakes


Joy of Kosher had this for the recipe of the day, yesterday and since I did not have plans for dinner, I decided to take advantage of this intriguing recipe.  How often do we make pancakes from pasta?

I made a lot of changes and in the end, I probably had a different recipe, completely.  I did not have olives, gruyere, green onions, tarragon


Crispy  Pasta Cakes

Ingredients :

2 cups (1/2 pound) Cooked spaghetti, cooled and chopped into 2-inch pieces
2 cups grated zucchini 

2 cups baby spinach, chopped
3/4 cup cheese mixture (I think any cheese that melts would work)

1 small onion, diced
2 eggs, beaten
1 Tablespoon sorghum flour
1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
black pepper pepper to taste
1 tablespoon olive oil



Method:

 In a large mixing bowl, combine spaghetti, spinach, zucchini,  cheese, onion, egg and flour.


 Season with salt and black pepper and set aside. Heat oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat.


  Scoop approximately 1/4 cup of pasta mixture into press down lightly.


  Cook for 2-4 minutes on each side until crisp and golden.


 Remove from pan with slotted spatula and repeat with remaining pasta.

I am not sure why this was so delicious but it was like comfort food, to me, and we politely gobbled it up.  I am glad, I used spinach instead of olives (original recipe).  

Joy of Kosher is a fantastic website and certainly not only for kosher folks.  There are interesting recipes with new ones added, daily.  I think you would find it to be a valuable source of recipes.

Looking back:

Linda's Polenta Beef Pie from With a Blast



Loaded Cauliflower Tots (what a great idea) from Make the Best of Everything


and  Ultimate Blueberry Cheesecake from Call Me PMc --Yummy
paulas-ultimate-cheesecake-call-me-pmc
What are we eating this week?
Linked to    The Gathering Spot         See Ya in the Gumbo           Hearth and Soul

Comments

  1. Thank you for the feature and the party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for featuring my Blueberry Cheesecake!! Thanks for hosting a great party! ~ Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. With green-salad and this would be a great dinner for me :)
    Thanks for the party Chaya and have a great week (I hope you're not too busy with Passover cleaning)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen casseroles made with pasta but never cakes. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the flavours and textures in these Crispy Pasta Cakes! The features look delicious too. This week I've shared a Caramel Croissant Pudding, a fantastic way to use up leftover croissants. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the crispy cakes and patties you've been making, Chaya! This week I linked up the follow-up to last week's chutney--hamburger kebabs. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting the linky party. Awesome recipe you shared although I am not a huge pasta fan (I know, I'm weird). I'm sharing with you a traditional Polish Apple pie recipe that has been slightly healthified by cuting the sugar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum they look delicious :) Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for hosting! So many yummy things to eat:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! Your Crispy Pasta Cakes sound great! Lots of good recipes here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Chaya,
    I've brought some refreshing lemonade to share!
    Your crispy pasta cakes looks divine!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost