Ricotta Pizza with Broccoli


Pizza is no longer the pizza, we drooled over, in past years.  It can be healthier and much more interesting.  I like to serve pizza, at least, once a month.  I had some pre-baked pizzas, in the freezer, so I happily withdrew them from their cold home and went to work on a topping.

I mentioned, recently, with Passover approaching, I am attempting clean out the cupboards and freezer and I am using whatever, I find.  This time, it is my pizza crusts and frozen broccoli.  The Ricotta was also without a planned purpose.  I make a habit of keeping Ricotta or cottage cheese on hand if I decide to make lasagna or stuffed shells.  I was in pretty good shape in terms of ingredients, on hand.

Since my crusts were ready to be put in the oven, I mixed the topping.  I combined a few ingredients with the Ricotta cheese and spread it on the crust, topping it with three cheeses and the broccoli.  I went heavy on the Ricotta and broccoli.  It was more like a casserole on top of a pizza crust.

Ricotta Pizza with Broccoli

Ingredients:


12 ounces of broccoli florets, chopped
1 1/4 cups Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
2 tablespoons cream cheese
1/4 cup chopped yellow pepper
1 tablespoon chopped basil and parsley
1 large pizza crust
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan

Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees and bake pizza crust for 10 minutes. 

While crust is baking, mix together in a medium bowl, the Ricotta, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and cream cheese.  Add the basil and parsley.

Spread Ricotta mixture on crust.

Spread broccoli and yellow bell pepper over the  Ricotta mixture.

Sprinkle mozzarella and cheddar and top with Parmesan.

Lower oven to 400 degrees and bake for an additional 5 - 8 minutes.

Cut into triangles and enjoy.

Comments

  1. I have never had broccoli on pizza, but I like the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has great possibilities. I don't really care for traditional pizza. But this is one I would eat. Thanks for the great idea. You should bring this over to Tumbleweed Contessa's Saturday Dishes. We are featuring green food and I think this would qualify! http://www.tumbleweedcontessa.com/blog/green-food-saturday-dishes/

    Have a great weekend.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful and interesting idea - broccoli on pizza!!
    I so understand you - I'm also cleaning the freezer, and using whatever is at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything with broccoli. It looks delicious! Thanks for joining us at the Let's Get Social Sunday. Have a wonderful week :) Diane @MamalDiane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost