Another week, another vegetable for our Power Food group, a bunch of women who strive for healthy eating with the most delicious dishes. Each blog is inspiration . Each week, we choose a recipe based on the power food which comes from the book, Power Foods, 150 delicious recipes with the 38 healthiest ingredients from the editors of Whole Living magazine. Brussels sprouts like broccoli and cabbage are cruciferous. This group offers a unique composition of antioxidants that may provide several health benefits. Brussels sprouts are low in calories and offer protein, vitamins and minerals to help build a healthy human. My first issue with brussels sprouts is that it took me years to spell it correctly. Each time, it came up, in writing, and I admit, that was not too often, I would stare into space asking myself does brussel get an S, at the end or is it sprout that gets the S. For some reason, I could not remember that both end with that S. I am happy to tell you, I overcame thi...
You should totally link this to my event "fast food Not Fat food ...just using it olive oil makes all the diff...
ReplyDeletePriyasnowserving.blogspot.com - look on the left column of my blog to read about the event...cheers
Something really new to make potatoes..
ReplyDeleteA nice blog and I love ur lay out..Following u dear..
http://jellybelly-shanavi.blogspot.com ...check out my space when u r free
Oh looks delicious. I'm envious you have a mandoline and can cut those beautiful thin slices (I have one on my wish list). I love that this gratin uses olive oil and stock instead of the traditional loads of butter and cream. Not that there's anything wrong with butter and cream in my opinion, but great to have an alternative.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for sharing this with the Tackling Bittman Recipe Hop - I hope you'll join in again next month.
Sue :-)