Coffee Break Muffins --- Baking With Dorie -- BWD

Monday, Hurrah, is another Baking with Dorie day and we have made muffins found on page 15 of Dorie Greenspan's book, Baking from My Home to Yours.  I love Dorie and I love all the baked goods that have come about, as a result of her.

The originator of the group is Grapefruit of Needful Things.  We have been together for almost a year, now and in that time, I think, we baked a diversity of delicious desserts.  As a big fan of Dorie, I do use her as my main source for many baked recipes. If you are interested in joining the group, let Grapefruit know.  We have a great time and would love for you to join us.

Grapefruit is also the gal who selected this week's baking challenge.  You will find the recipe on her blog, Needful Things.   Thank youWhy is Blogger refusing to stop underlining?  I can't turn it off.  Any thoughts on this?

This was a quick and easy recipe.  I did add a topping but that took a few minutes to chop the nuts and fruit.  The main flavor was the coffee and I made it too strong for my husband's taste.  I guess the flavor of coffee in a baked item is different than the wake up call, we get from it, in the mornings.

If you like coffee flavor and muffins, I think, you would like these.
This is without the topping.  I had one photo and it disappeared when editing.

Linked to Family Friendly Fridays     
Linked to This Week's Cravings

Comments

  1. Thanks so much for linking to THIS WEEK'S CRAVINGS: Potluck Ideas for Super Bowl. Please don't forget to link back... we appreciate it! Your muffins look wonderful! http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/01/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-14-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Chaya! is this a new blog? it looks pretty!

    great idea to add the topping! i think it's a bit too plain without any additions, especially if you're not a big fan of coffee..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the add-ins, I threw on some chocolate before baking and it was a wonderful addition.
    My own post will be up shortly - we had internet outage all of yesterday & I couldn't work on my post.
    Thanks for baking with us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Chaya, u have a new blog?????
    I was jus gng to email u in a bit after i put up my muffin post!
    Got the link from BWD!
    Is this one only for the groups , and whats with the cute name?
    Ok too many questions :-)
    I did make a very strong coffee too but could barely taste the coffee flavor in there , jus light!
    Hah, i love these alongwith coffee !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your muffins look great! it was a fun bake!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost