Roasted Potatoes


At the last minute, we threw together a barbecue for the extended family.  What fun we had.  Burgers, Hot dogs and Chicken  ------ what could be more delicious?  OK, kale, spinach and broccoli would win.  Yeah sure.

The idea of being casual about the food and atmosphere makes for a good time.  No pressure exists.  We decided, we were doing this Saturday night and Sunday afternoon, we were eating and chatting.  The age range was over 70 years and everyone got along just fine.  The star was the baby, of course.

The men did the grilling and I made desserts the night before.  That left one basic side and salad and some miscellaneous items like pickles.

I made three kinds of roasted potatoes, not because we needed three kinds but because it was more fun to make each batch, a little differently.  I used about 8 medium to large potatoes for each batch.

Ingredients for Batch # 1:

8 large potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks (1/2 inch to an inch)
3/4 cup creamy Italian salad dressing
smoky paprika
salt and pepper to taste
spray olive oil

Method:  (make it up as you go)

Line a large pan (roasting pan or similar) with aluminum foil.  Spray with olive oil.  Put aside.

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Pour dressing and paprika into plastic bag with salt and pepper.  Squish it together so that it mixes.  Add the potato pieces about 5 at a time.  Each time, using hands outside of bag, move them around so they are coated.  Keep adding pieces and coating them.

Pour the potato pieces out onto prepared pan.  Spread out.  Spray with olive oil.  Bake in oven for 20 - 25 minutes.  I put it on broil for the last 3 minutes to brown.

These went very quickly.  There is something about potatoes that people love.


Comments

  1. Yes, I do agree that there is something about potatoes that people love! I just made a large batch on Sunday (Nigella's recipe), thought it was too much, but not even a piece of leftover, the plate was clean! Your version looks delicious, I'm sure that my family will love this as well. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your spices that you use on your potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks delicious! I've never met a potato I didn't like so this is a keeper for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With family, last minute is so much more fun than anyone else.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost