Cheddar Corn Soup - Weekly Soup



I have been lax in sharing my lunches. Actually, I am way behind in sharing recipes. I have all these pictures that I have not used and would love to catch up.

I decided to attempt to post a soup a week, as I do for the muffins. I know, I have missed a few weeks but I have made over 40 different muffins, so far and plan to complete 52, soon. I am yearning for soup, although it is still very humid and hot. As long as I can eat in an air conditioned room, it should be fine.

For lunch today, it had to be this recipe from Sargento. I had printed it up and left it on my desk. Each time, I sat down at the computer, I would see my Corn Soup, waiting to be made. Today was the day. I had to make a decent lunch to keep my commitment and this soup would more than do. I made a number of changes and lightened the soup up, considerably.

Cheddar Corn Soup

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 cup of. reduced sodium vegetable broth
2 - 3 cups frozen corn kernels
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Method:

In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat.  Add onion and red pepper and saute for 10 minutes.  Add minced garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.

Add broth, corn and black pepper. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 30 minutes.

Using an immersion blender, blend to the chunkiness or smoothness, you want.  I left it with small pieces.  Return to pot.

Stir in cheese; turn off heat and stir until cheese is melted. 

Comments

  1. I am going to make this soup one day. It looks delicious. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic, Chaya! I could eat soup every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tasty soup! So summery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great soup!
    It seems to be very rich - a meal by itself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds interesting...would love to try. THanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Soup is certainly a year round treat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy, great combo of flavors!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/08/tasty-thursdays-3.html

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost