Easy Sugar Cookies

There are times, you need or want a cookie, on the spot.  You have little time and little inclination to put in tons of effort or actually any effort.  Short of store-bought, this is your cookie.  If you are craving chocolate, top it with chocolate sprinkles or chocolate chips, rather than the colored sugar.

It was before school and  I could not find a sweet for myself.  I had this craving for something sweet.  Unless, I took from hubby's stash, nothing appealed to me.

I went down the list of favorites and everything overwhelmed me.  Let me assure you, none of the recipes was overwhelming.  It was me.  It did not matter how simple a recipe was, it seemed too much for me.  Do you ever get that way?


 These are easy as they come.  Sugar cookies are a plain cookie, but they serve their purpose.  I know there are those who love sugar cookies and those that find them unimaginative.  They are not on the top of my list because they are not chocolate or apple.  I do like them because they use oil instead of butter.  I used Canola oil.

Drop Sugar Cookies 
 (adapted from Taste of Home)


Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 2/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
  • 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
  • 2 cups gluten-free flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • Additional sugar or colored sugar
Method:
  • In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and lemon peel until blended.
  • Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture.
  • Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets.  (I used cookie scoop)
  • Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
  •  Cool for 1-2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
  • Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen. 
 Most people like these and if you choose to, you can change the flavor.  You can skip the lemon zest, if you don't want to spend the time, zesting it.  You can add almond extract or orange or even rum extract in place of the vanilla.


These look presentable and taste just fine and here you have a quick and easy cookie.

Linked to
Monday Desserts

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya!
    Doesn't your new place look quite spiffy. And those Sugar Drop cookies sound so easy even I may be able to bake them:)

    Thank you so much for sharing and Good Luck in your new "home."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious sugar cookies, nowadays I am not baking much, i will try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, love sugar cookies - they look fabulous, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very versatile cookie. Thank you for linking it to Joy of Desserts, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to give it a try. May be you will find it on my page :) - linking to you, of course! LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny, I've never made sugar cookies. Though we all love them! I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost