Savory Cheese and Chive Bread - FFwD

I was excited to find out that in French Fridays with Dorie, we were making this savory bread, a cheese bread.  I love bread with "pieces" in it and this bread has its share.  While the cheese melts in, the roasted pepper, scallion (instead of chives) and nuts are distinctive.  Like, the soup, I made tonight, I enjoy the bite in soups and breads.  We like toppings with a crunch also.


When I cut the first piece for my husband, I had not idea, what to expect.  What I got was complete enthusiasm.  He old me that it was spicy.  Since, I even left out the white pepper, it must have been the Monterey Jack, I added to the Cheddar.  I know he eats that although, I am sure, he thinks that is as hot as can be.  You got it, he likes bland.  OK, this was not bland and he really enjoyed it.

While, waiting for it to bake, I read some of Dorie's stories and as usual, I enjoy sitting down with that book and getting carried away.  Dorrie really proven herself AGAIN.







n!


Comments

  1. I love the colors...beautiful bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your roasted red peppers in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the red peppers would be perfect in this and made for such a great looking bread!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful looking loaf. The red peppers really made things pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the addition of red pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red peppers; great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The little specks of color look great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great colors! so glad your hubby liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the idea of the roasted peppers. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like everyone else- I LOVE the color that your roasted red peppers added. Genius. Nana prepares them often herself so I will make sure she sees your post !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I added ham, and thought that color was beautiful, but roasted red peppers would have been very vibrant. We also loved the bread. Another keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great photos of the cooking process! And I agree with everyone, the peppers add such great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! This bread sounds great and is so pretty with the colors. Would love for you to link it in our Star Recipes Collection for most popular recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved this Chive bread recipe!Thanks dear Comfy Cook!:)

    Cheers!
    Wit,wok&wisdom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost