Apple Noodles


This is such a simple recipe and it is a delight to eat.  I love apples and I have made apple noodle* kugels which are better than this dish but takes a little more work.  I make the kugels for the holidays and Shabbat.  This is more for everyday.  I was experimenting with apple recipes, at the time, had apples in everything from slaws to bread pudding.  It was fun since I knew, ahead of time, I would like each and every dish.

Apple Noodles (adapted from Apple Recipes)

This can be served as a dessert as well as a side dish.

Ingredients:

1 pound (gluten-free) noodles

¼ cup butter

6 apples, peeled, sliced

¾ cup sugar

½ teaspoon cinnamon
Method:

Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat; add noodles and cook until al dente, 9 to 11 minutes.
Drain and set aside.

Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add apples and cook until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Add sugar and cinnamon; stir to coat.


Add reserved noodles to pan; stir to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until noodles are golden-brown and apples are soft. Serve immediately.

* Gluten-free noodles are hard to find locally so I subbed in spaghetti which is not a good choice.  Please stick to noodles.

Linked to Full Plate Thursday

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your awesome recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you have had a great weekend and have a fabulous week.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost