Chocolate Spice Quickies - Tuesdays with Dorie


I baked a few items ahead because of the crunch that is coming with the beginning of the school year in September and the Jewish  Holidays in October.  The problem, I am finding is that although I bake, I don't write it up and forget all the details.  I guess, I have to change my ways and either bake and write or not bake ahead.

I made this week's selection, Chocolate Spice Quickies selected by Jessica of My Baking Heart, for TWD, as soon as this month's list came out.  Since then, I have done a lot of baking and have no idea if there were any issues with this cute little cookie.

I do remember liking them and thinking, they were not particularly spicy.  They were good cookies and if spice is the goal, adding a little more of the spices might make a difference.  Since, we liked them, the way they turned out, I would make them, the same way.

You can find the recipe for these in Dorie Greenspan's book Baking From My Home to Yours, on page 140 or at Jessica's site.


Photobucket

Comments

  1. Even though we're at the end of the book, there's such a great selection for September! Thanks for baking along with me this week, Chaya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look delicious! I do the same thing -- bake ahead, then either forget to post or forget what I was going to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look yummy. Who doesn't love a little bite of chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look so deep and chocolatey. I'm sorry I'm not participating in BWD anymore. (Life's just gotten too busy.) I hope to try these soon, anyway. They look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the same thing when I bake ahead, I take the photos and if I don't write a post right away, I forget what I was going to say about the actual recipe...it gets worse as you get older...lol! Your cookies look good all lined up and ready for eager eaters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, adding extra spice ewould help. that's a good stack of chocolate!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost