Pepper, Olive, and Mozzarella Salad

I don't make salads enough.  I really do love them but I just don't bother making them.  It is funny how I don't mind chopping and shredding for hot food but I do mind for salads.  I did make this combination and we liked it.  And.......I don't like olives.

Pepper, Olive, and Mozzarella Salad 

Ingredients:

24 Cherry Tomatoes, halved
1/2 Cup Yellow Bell Pepper
1/2 Cup pitted Olives
Mozzarella Balls (I used small chunks instead.)
1 teaspoon dried parsley
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
1/2 teaspoon RiceVinegar with basil and oregano
Pinch of ground cumin
Salt and fresh ground Pepper to taste

Method:

In a large salad bowl, mix together the tomatoes, bell pepper, olives, mozzarella, and basil. In a separate small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt and pepper. Drizzle over salad and enjoy!

Results: I took my first bite and my mouth was filled with pops of flavor. This is delicious. I would make it again, happily and I will eat olives, from now on.


Weekend Potluck     See Ya at the Gumbo     Real Food Recipe Round Up    Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table      Fat Tuesday   

Comments

  1. I find that sometimes I don't like making salads that contain lettuce, but am very willing to make a cucumber and cherry tomato salad or any salad without the lettuce. Your salad is a perfect example. Looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely salad, Chaya! Interestingly my husband does not like olives either - but I love them! Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love olives! This is the kind of thing I would like to take to work for lunch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost