Blueberry Apple Cake


I bought my married granddaughter a book by Paula Shoyer which motivated me to take out a copy of another book by Paula, The Kosher Baker.   I remember making her blueberry cake some time ago and decided to make it again, adding apples to the mix.

When I checked my blog to see what I had posted, I found I had not posted the recipe, at all so I have a second chance, one which hopefully makes it to print.

Apple and Blueberry Cake (adapted to be gluten-free from Kosher Baker)

Ingredients:

Spray oil
1/3 cup orange juice
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 1/2 cups gluten free flour mixture
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger

Blueberry mixture - 3 cups fresh blueberries or a ten ounce bag of frozen blueberries, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon gluten-free flour, 1/4 teaspoon ginger

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.

Mix together orange juice, eggs, oil and vanilla in a large bowl.

Add sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger.  Mix well.

Make filling:  Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and toss together.

Spread half the batter into prepared pan.

Top with blueberry mixture.

Take remaining batter and drop in "glops" and gently spread over the blueberries/

Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a sharp knife comes out clean.

Eat and enjoy.

Comments

  1. The cake looks very moist and beautiful, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, this looks amazing! Thanks for the recipe!
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost