Roasted Eggplant and Bell Pepper


Last week, we posted for Ina Fridays and two of the members made this Roasted Eggplant Spread that was super appealing and I knew I was going to make it until I was midstream in the cooking and saw that I could skip the last step and have beautiful roasted vegetables.  Since I was cooking for the Sabbath dinner, this would work better and everyone loves roasted vegetables.


Roasted Eggplant and Bell Pepper adapted from Ina Garten

Ingredients:

1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into cubes
2 red bell peppers, cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red onion, cut into chunks
1 garlic clove, minced
2 tablespoons  olive oil
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon tomato paste or sauce

Method:

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.

Toss the vegetables in a large bowl with the garlic, olive oil and pepper. 


Spread them on a baking sheet on parchment paper or aluminum foil. 


Roast for 45 minutes, until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.

Add some fresh herbs, if you choose.  Since I am growing them, I tend to add parsley, oregano, basil and chives to almost anything.Serve as either a hot or cold dish.  I served it as a hot side.

Eat and enjoy.


Linked to Gluten Free Linky     See Ya in the Gumbo

Comments

  1. Roasting makes veggies taste so much more flavourful! This is a great side dish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had been trying out roasting vegetables of late and found them to be easy and delicious! Had not tried with eggplant though....this gave me an idea what to do with that single eggplant sitting in my fridge:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a wonderful dish, I make it quite often

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you rushed to make this dish. It is beautiful with the bright colors. I'm convinced that roasting is the best thing to happen to a vegetable!
    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally, something to do with all the eggplant from the CSA. LOL! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost