Purple Fruit Crisp


I am having very special company today, my grandson, his wife and their darling son.  Since they are not local, I am not sure what they like to eat so we are having  a barbecue and I made this crisp plus chocolate chip cookies for dessert.  Of course, I didn't have enough blueberries so I added cherries and plums, shades of blues and reds, thus my purple fruit crisp. 

I made another crisp, the other day, which I plan to blog in My Sweet and Savory that had the left over fruit in the house and it more of a variety than this one.  It was scrumptious.  Since this one is has not yet been tasted, I can't comment yet.

The recipe comes from a book I love, 9 x 13 The Pan That Can .  It is put out by Better Homes and Gardens so I decided to look it up online and sure enough, under BH&G, I found it all printed out for me.   The changes I made was subbing the fruit and using Hazelnut oil in place of butter.

Purple Fruit Crisp

Makes: 8 servings


Ingredients:

3tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
6 cups fresh blueberries, plums and cherries (any combination)
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup gluten-free flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
1 1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/3 cup Hazelnut oil

Method:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl, stir together the 3 tablespoons flour and the granulated sugar. Add blueberries and lemon juice; toss gently to combine. Spread berry mixture evenly in an ungreased 3-quart rectangular baking dish; set aside.

For topping, in a medium bowl, combine brown sugar, the 3/4 cup flour, the oats, and cinnamon.Add the oil and mix until you have coarse crumbs. Sprinkle topping evenly over berry mixture.

3.Bake, uncovered, about 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown and edges are bubbly. Cool on a wire rack about 45 minutes. 

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya, how nice to have a gathering with your family! I'm sure they will find it delicious because it's made with lots of love from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely fruit combination, in this crisp. Thanks for sharing with Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost