Potato-Spinach Salmon Patties --- SRC

Secret Recipe Club/It is time for Group A of the Secret Recipe Club to do it's reveal for November.  Thanks Amanda for creating this group and helping it continue to grow and grow and grow.


Another month and lots of excitement as we reveal our recipes and the blogs, we have lifted these delicious recipes from.  I had a hard time.  I could have cooked through the blog, I was assigned and I think, I made a dent by making a few, besides these patties, which are delicious.  Each dish seemed perfect for our family.  Oh, you want to know who this is?  I will give a hint.  The person whose blog I have been assigned,  designed the badge above.

You need another hint?  OK.  Look at this.  Cook Around the Globe Button

Just in case, you don't know who this lovely lady is, I will share with you, her blog is the fantastic From Arepas to Zwetschgen.  She really has many recipes that are manageable, attractive and sound yummy.  Go and check this out and why not join in the fun and cook with the Cook Around The Globe group.

Potato Salmon Patties
Ingredients:

1 lb Yukon Gold potatoes
1 cup spinach, drained well
1/2 cup mayonnaise
cayenne pepper to taste
salt to taste
3 tbsp chopped parsley
1 lb skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1/2 pieces
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp yogurt
1/4 cup diced onion
olive oil for frying

Boil potatoes until tender, about 30 minutes depending on the size. Peel and cut into 1/4 inch dice, transfer to a large bowl.  Mix the mayonnaise with parsley, season with cayenne pepper and salt. Chop salmon in a food processor, incorporate cream. Add the salmon, spinach, and onion to the potatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Form 12-15 patties. Fry in batches over medium heat, 3-4 minutes per side. Serve with the dip.

We loved this.

PermanetPosies.com
 Ms. enPlace   Side Dish Saturdays

Comments

  1. Hi, I just found your blog and love it. As a preface to me dumb question I will admit that I'm sooo not good at cooking. I am, however, trying to learn! I cook the salmon first, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother used to make almost the exact same patties, such memories.

    If you haven't already, I'd love for you to check out my SRC recipe this month: Pork Belly Soup with Collard Greens.

    Lisa~~
    Cook Lisa Cook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Those look good. I also made a dish involving salmon and spinach for this month's SRC! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up eating salmon patties...my dad would love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these! What a great way to make salmon patties even healthier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't had salmon patties in so long. Can't wait to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These sound yummy! I'm going to forward this on to my mom and dad - they are huge salmon fans!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those patties look delicious. I have to try them soon. Found you from SRC. Happy I did. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great recipe choice. I'm so glad you liked those.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking with See Ya In the Gumbo!

    I've come across salmon patties, but none like this. Love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love salmon patties and the spinach sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh what a great combo - spinach and salmon! Excellent pick!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an interesting combination of flavors. I never would have thought of it, probably because I am not a fish person. But my husband loves fish, so I am always looking for ways to make it appealing to the whole family. I think everyone would enjoy your recipe. Thanks for sharingit with the Gallery of Favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well.....very interesting looking salmon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost