Brownie Cookies - Martha

Another cookie for our wounded who fight for us and country.  My aim now is to get a good share of chocolate cookies.  I have made the chocolate caramel cookies which I will post.  Now for the brownie cookies, a cakey chocolate cookie that is a change from the rest of the chocolate cookies.  This is another easy cookie to make and it goes quickly.  My choice is a smaller round than Martha makes so I cut the cooking time. The recipe below has my changes included.


Brownie Cookies  (adapted from Martha Stewart) Everyday Food, June 2009


  • Yield Makes 34

Ingredients

  • 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chocolate in microwave oven and heat on medium, checking every 25 seconds.  When, you can mix this into a smooth chocolate, stop and put aside.
  2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugars until lightened in color. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat until combined. With mixer on low, alternately beat in chocolate and flour mixture; mix just until combined (do not overmix).
  3. Drop dough , using small cookie scoop, about 2 inches apart, onto two parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a cookie comes out clean, 14 to 16 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool.

Comments

  1. I'd better stay away from this recipe until my chocolate craving passes... otherwise I might eat the whole batch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for dropping your link at the Weekday Potluck!

    Those cookies look so good, and they would be a great alternative to the usual brownies :) less messy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look great! I love brownies and I love cookies...win-win.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for sharing your recipe with me at Cast Party Wednesday. I hope you will come back tomorrow for another party filled with GREAT RECIPES!
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost