Recipe Box 26 - Spinach is King


Come and join me in spinach heaven, a place where spinach is king.  I have made a number of recipes with spinach, the past week as well as this one.  I, particularly like this recipe but I frown at what it was called at Allrecipes.  The title was Spinach Brownies and these are nothing like brownies, even savory ones.  This makes a good casserole or kugel. It is creamy and has a lovely spinach taste, altered by the cheese. 

Spinach Casserole (adapted from Allrecipes)
Ingredients:

1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach,
1 cup gluten-free flour mixture (Bob's Red Mill)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package
shredded Mexican cheese combo
Method


Preheat oven to 375 degrees F . Lightly grease a round or square casserole.

Place spinach in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil. Lower heat to simmer and cook until spinach is limp, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.

In a large bowl, mix gluten-free flour, salt and baking powder. Stir in eggs, milk and butter. Mix in spinach, onion and cheese.

Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 35 to 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Heat hot and bubbly.  Eat and enjoy.          

Looking back:

 Pesto Chicken and Gnocchi Soup from Love Bakes Good Cakes (and soups too)



 Brandy and Mincemeat Cake from April of the 21st Century Housewife
 

Apple Cinnamon Crumble from Frozen Wings


 

Your turn please.
   



Comments

  1. As soon as I saw SPINACH, I had to share! I have a spinach dip that I end up making almost weekly... my kids shovel it back!

    Thanks for hosting,

    ¤´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·`¤... Jennifer
    http://jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.ca/
    http://pinterest.com/jennp6/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya, oops, was I supposed to share only spinach recipes? Anyway...thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the party Chaya
    We also loooooooove spinach and I think I'll keep your recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spinach is absolutely my favorite vegetable. Thanks for hosting, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love spinach so much, this looks truly fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting and the feature, Chaya :) My family enjoys spinach as well - pinned your recipe to try!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chaya, I can see the Christmas recipes are beginning to come out! How exciting :) This is such a wonderful time of the year, one which everyone seems to get an extra burst of creativity. Your recipe sounds like there is a great blend of flavors between the spinach and the cheese. I believe I will incorporate this into my Christmas meal. Every year I try to serve something new. And the color? Well, that just fits perfectly LOL. Hope you are having a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whenever I see a spinach dish, I remember Popeye:D This spinach dish of yours certainly will make Popeye drool too....looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spinach is very healthy for you. This looks like a must try. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good recipes, love that spinach!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for featuring my muffins! i also just linked up a spinach recipe!Hope all is well with you. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Chaya,
    I'v just linked a sandwich perfect for lunch! Thank you for hosting, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost