Bake With Bizzy - Crispy Baked Zucchini POTATO Pancakes - CEiMB


The ladies from CEiMB are making this wonderful side, this week.  Peggy of Pantry Revisited  selected it and the recipe will be on her blog.  CEiMB is a group of women (men are welcome) who cook the recipes of Ellie Krieger, a healthy cook who keeps the taste in her dishes.  Everyone is welcome to join us.

What appealed to me, about this recipe, is that it is baked, not fried.  In this case, I don't think fried would be better.  The pancake crisped up, in the oven although, I had to leave it in, longer than stated, in the recipe from Ellie.

I made some problems for myself.  The potato and zucchini are supposed to be shredded but since Hubby was almost home and very hungry so I put the two vegetables into my mini food processor.  It does not work as well as a full-sized food processor and I packed it too tightly.  Instead of shreds, I got chunks, chunks big enough to make trouble.  The pancakes came out and were great but there were occasional chunks of potato and zucchini.

When the pancakes are formed, they get put on a cookie sheet and bake until browned and crispy.  Then, you can eat them and I am pretty sure, you will be smiling.

Please stop over at CEiMB and check the other participants and what they have done.

From CEiMB to Baking With Bizzy, we go and we look back and find:
Peanut Butter Cookie Brownies from What's for Dinner, Hun?
This Brownie Birthday Cake is from Crazy for Crust
Linked to Inspire Me Monday   
Hearth and Soul   
Pennywise Platter Thursday 

Comments

  1. I think the baked zucchini potato pancakes sound much better than fried! I have shared Roasted Rosemary Potatoes. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rarely make potato pancakes because of all the frying involved. need to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for featuring my PB cookie brownies! I love watching Ellie on TV, but have to admit, I've only tired a few of her recipe. I really should make more, since they are so healthy, LOL. Thanks for hosting and see you next week!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We found these to be bland. I think yours look delicious. Yours might be better since you didn't shred them. Thanks for cooking along with me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature Bizzy! Sorry I'm a bit late...I'm behind this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pancakes look wonderful - I like that they are healthy too, with the zucchini and potato. I'm sharing my Easiest Ever Red Velvet cake this week. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost