Balsamic Glazed Salmon

It has been a busy week, starting on Tuesday with my grandson's wedding.  It is the custom, in Judaism, to have festive meals, for the entire week, following the wedding.   While it is nice to be wined and dined, each day, it is also tiring.  Thus, I am exhausted from having too much fun - a nice way to tire oneself out.

Now, the Jewish Sabbath is upon us which means more festive meals.  I decided to empty my refrigerator and throw it all together to make, hopefully, some delicious meals. What do I have, one zucchini, some frozen corn, apricot butter, hot pepper sauce, Balsamic vinegar, salmon, carrots, onions, scallions, and roasted tomatoes.  Additional produce shows potatoes, onions, bell peppers and cherry tomatoes.  Let's see what I can do with these.

Balsamic Glazed Salmon

Ingredients

  • 2 (5 ounce) salmon fillets
  • 1 tablespoon white wine
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 onion, sliced thin
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
  2. Mix  white wine, honey, balsamic vinegar, mustard, and salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
  3. Arrange salmon fillets on foil-lined baking sheet. Brush fillets with balsamic glaze, and sprinkle with sliced onions.
  Bake in preheated oven for 20minutes, or until flesh flakes easily with a fork. Use a spatula to transfer fillets to serving platter, leaving the skin behind on the foil.     
  


    Comments

    1. Theres a lot of Salmon in my place and its my son's favorite.Thanks for sharing.I think we will love this.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very nice recipe.... so flavorful and we are always looking for more salmon recipes!

      ReplyDelete
    3. This looks great. We love salmon. I'll miss mustard over Pesach!!

      ReplyDelete

    Post a Comment

    Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

    Popular posts from this blog

    Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

    Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

    Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost