Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables

Eat and enjoy

I may not be a meat eater, but don't tempt me with sausage. Granted, this is turkey sausage but, in my innocence, I can't tell the difference between the beef sausage and the turkey sausage. I think, it is due to the nature of the sausage, the spices and the manner, it is cooked.

I should admit, I enjoy meat, when I do eat it. I, simply, do not have any desire to eat it. People talk about steak and I would prefer a burger. Beef stew and meat loaf don't tempt me at all. Again, I eat them when presented and it is not a chore to eat them.

It is most likely, I have trained myself to reject meat when I am selecting food for the week. It actually brings out negative feelings. I could give up beef tomorrow but I would not say the same about poultry.

This is an easy dish to make and it is rich in flavor. For us, it is a good change of pace.

Pan Roasted Sausage and Vegetables

Ingredients:
8 red new potatoes, cut in wedges
Olive oil spray
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons fresh snipped rosemary (dried 1/2 teaspoon)
2 turkey sausages
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 orange bell pepper, sliced
1 red bell peppers, sliced
1 ½ medium onions, peeled, sliced
1 tablespoon chopped parsley


Method:

Preheat skillet over medium high heat.

In a bowl toss the potatoes with a drizzle of olive oil to thinly coat wedges.

Sprinkle with cayenne, rosemary, and paprika. Toss to combine.

Add potatoes to pan, cover, and cook for about 15 minutes, turning occasionally, set aside.

Cut sausages into large chunks.

Heat a deep skillet over medium high heat. (Next time, I plan to cook in the oven.)

Add the tablespoon of oil and brown the sausages on all sides and drain oil.

Add your peppers and onions . Cover pan and cook 10 minutes more. Stir every few minutes.

Toss in the parsley with the sausage and vegetable.

Add your cooked potatoes.

Toss to combine all ingredients. Heat a minute or two. Serve.


Linked to:   This is How We Roll      Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge   
.

Comments

  1. I don't think I could give up beef, but we eat an awful lot of chicken. This looks great. I need to get some sausage and try this one. YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost