Squash Alfredo

Squash Alfredo on Spaghetti

How could I resist then when the Alfredo Sauce was made with squash?  Miriam suggest yellow squash but I only had zucchini.  This was a lot more healthy than a full fledged alfredo sauce.
I made this because, I had to find out, how this sauce turned out.  It is a first for me.  I apologize for the poor quality photo.  None of the pictures came out but I expect to make this again and hope to add a better photo.

Squash Alfredo Sauce on Spaghetti (adapted from Meatless Meals for Meat Eaters)

Ingredients:

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
¾ cup milk
¾ cup pureed zucchini squash (puree the raw squash in a food processor)
1 tablespoon  GF flour
2 tablespoons whipped cream cheese
1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
 
Method:
 
In a saucepan, heat olive oil and cook onion. 
 
Whisk in the milk, pureed squash, and flour.  Stir in the remaining ingredients and continue to stir frequently until all of the cheese is completely melted (no lumps).
 
Salt and pepper to taste then serve over cooked pasta.
 
What a great surprise this was!  
 

Comments

  1. Alfredo sauce from squash? Intriguing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alfredo sauce is one of my weaknesses--I'm interested in making it healthier by using squash. Clever idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an interesting idea, I'm glad it turned out well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost