My Meatless Mondays- Spinach Spaghetti Pie




I have made a variety of spaghetti pies, over the years, and I like this one a lot because I can get my veggie into the one dish dinner.  I guess pasta is always going to be a popular meal in our home so I have to find ways to healthify it.

Spaghetti Pie Adapted from REC(ession)IPES
8 ounces gluten-free spaghetti
2 large eggs
½ cup parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with roasted onion
1 small onion , chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
3 cups baby spinach
12 ounce container part skim ricotta
½ cup shredded mozzarella
Black pepper to taste

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Put water on to boil. Lightly grease a 10 inch pie plate with olive oil or cooking spray and set aside.

Dice onion. Cook in 1 tablespoon olive oil until onions are just translucent, approx. 5-8 minutes. Add diced tomatoes with their juice, along with oregano.

Place ricotta in bowl and combine with spinach by removing small clump of spinach from colander, squeezing vigorously to remove remaining moisture, and then adding to ricotta. Add a few grinds black pepper and stir to combine.

Cook spaghetti until just al dente, drain and toss in large bowl with one teaspoon olive oil. Whisk eggs with a fork in a small bowl with 1/3 cup shredded parmesan. Toss with spaghetti.

Add spaghetti to prepared pie plate. Shape into crust shape by using fingers to flatten center and press up the sides of the plate. Add spinach-ricotta mixture to middle of crust. Top with tomato sauce and bake, uncovered, 25 minutes.

Top with shredded mozzarella and remaining shredded parmesan. Bake an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is melted. Remove from oven, let cool 10 minutes, then slice into 8 wedges and serve.

Looking back:
Spinach Artichoke Pizza from Cook With Sara

Cranberry Orange Marmalade from The Home Front
Marmalade

 Cheesy German Spaetzle from For the Love of Food.
Cheesy spaetzle on the plate

Looking Forward:  Please link up your meatless recipes.  Linked to Foodie Friday


Comments

  1. My sweets are definitely meat free :) Your recipes look great! Thanks for hosting a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Thank you for the party… love the cheese and spinach in your spaghetti pie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya
    I like this spinach pie
    It's been a while since I've made something with spinach as it's quite hard to get kosher one here

    Thank you for the party and I wish you a good week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mouth is watering looking at al of these delicious links! Thank you so much for featuring my Orange Cranberry Marmalade! thanks for hosting too! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chaya, I like this version of spaghetti pie with spinach. The toppings make the dish look almost like pizza! Thank you for hosting. Hope you have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never made one of those.. my kids would love it. thanks for bringing it by foodie friday. Happy new year Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost