Blueberry Walnut Cake - THB

Yes, I am behind but I am working on catching up and actually, I am about ready to bake the next cake, a buttermilk bundt cake.  We in The Home Bakers (THB) are using Coffee Cakes by Lou Seibert Pappas.  Since, we are a coffee cake household, this is the perfect book for us.  Except for chocolate which Hubby does not like, the rest of the recipes are just right for him. 

This one, Marionberry-Hazelnut Cake is filled with his favorites, not marionberries or hazelnuts though.  What is a marionberry?  I used blueberries and planned to use almonds until I realized, I was out.  I pulled out walnuts instead.  I keep ground flours on hand with a celiac husband.  Nut flours give flavor and are a partial substitute for the all-purpose flour.  I use a gluten-free mixture and the nut flour.  A Great Combo!

You can find the recipe here.  My substitutions are as above, walnut flour, gluten free mix, blueberries.  Otherwise, I was true to the recipe, another good recipe from this book.
 Check out the other bakers and see their cakes and the changes they made.

Comments

  1. Hi Chaya,
    I have never tried baking with walnut flour before. Your cake sure looks good! Glad that you've tried out this cake, it is definitely a winner.
    The next round of recipe selection is open. You may want to select the recipe which you would like to host. Please email to me once you have made your selection.
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya. . .would love to email with you and chat about gluten free diet. I need suggestions as I am going on that for a month.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost