Dilly Mushroom-Spinach Omelet


I think, my being sick, has produced the best meals.  Last night, I checked to see what was leftover and as proven previously, I knew spinach and mushrooms were a winning combination.  All I needed was a few eggs and we would be in business.

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, thin sliced
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 -2 cups chopped fresh spinach
6 - 8 eggs
3/4 cup sliced small tomatoes
1/4 cup prepared dill dip

Method:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Heat oil in 10 inch skillet.  Add onions and mushrooms and cook for 6 minutes.

Add spinach and cook for an additional minute, mixing everything together.

Beat eggs  with dill dip and pour over mushroom mixture.

Top with tomatoes, gently pushing them into the eggs.

Cook for about 2 minutes until edges are  firm.

Place skillet in oven and cook at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until it is firm.

Eat and enjoy.


Comments

  1. This looks delicious and comforting! The humble eggs never fail to amaze! With some help from the spinach, and tomatoes, definitely a winning combination!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost