Cherry Fudge Cookies


You may remember how much I like Cooking Light. I often, forget that they are working hard to make healthy food, at Cooking Light. Their recipes are usually as tempting, to me, as Paula Deen or Ina Garten's.minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.


This recipe called for whole wheat flour and AP flour but not having any whole wheat flour, I used only all purpose flour. I had a container of candy that I certainly did not need to eat and my husband would not eat so I cut up the chocolate fudge and replaced the chocolate chunks with it. I did run into a problem. Some of the chocolate ran out of the cookies, during baking. That was the best part of the cookie.

Chocolate Fudge Cherry Cookies

Ingredients:


2/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon margarine
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup dried cherries
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 large egg, lightly beaten
almost 1 cup of chopped candy
Cooking spray
 

Method:

 Preheat oven to 350°.


Weigh or lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife.


Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
 

Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from heat; add brown sugar, stirring until smooth. 

Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. 

Add cherries, vanilla, and egg; beat until combined. Fold in candy pieces. 

Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. 

Cool on pans 3 minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.
ooking Light (adapted) JANUARY 2010

Comments

  1. I love baking cookies that require the butter to be melted, as I usually just beat them with a whisk instead of a mixer, makes cleaning up so much easier ;) These cookies sound really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, love dried cherries and of course, I love cookies! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost