Sunday, November 18, 2012

Nutty Cornbread Stuffing - Kosher Connection

 
It is time for Kosher Connection to share our stuffing recipes. Actually, I made my stuffing in a casserole and served it, as a side, rather than fill a bird. We like stuffing and I look for excuses to make it. This was the first time, in a while, I made cornbread stuffing rather than using gluten-free brown rice bread.

The recipe was adapted from Cooks.com. 
The idea of adding nuts to the stuffing appealed to me. 

Nutty Cornbread Stuffing

Ingredients:

a recipe of your own favorite cornbread

1/2 pound sausage (mild)
2 cups chopped celery
2 cups chopped onion
1 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 c. toasted chopped walnuts (opt.)
1/3 cup. chopped parsley
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon dried sage
1 1/2 cups vegetarian broth (I added some later - it was drier than I would have like it.)


Method:

Bake cornbread and cool.


Saute sausage until browned. Lift out with slotted spoon.  

Save drippings in skillet . 

Chop all vegetables. Saute in sausage drippings until tender crisp.  

Crumble cornbread into large bowl. Thoroughly combine with sage, thyme and pepper. Add cooked sausage and vegetables. Gradually add broth and eggs, tossing lightly with fork.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes.  

Check out the other links to find ways to use stuffing, you may not have thought of.

Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo    All My Bloggy Friends

9 comments:

  1. this is such a nice dish, i like the flavors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    We've recently launched the site RecipesUS.com, where users can search through hundreds of thousands of recipes from American food sites and blogs. We noticed that you have a lot of delicious recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you have a look at our site: http://www.recipesus.com/.

    If you want to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on RecipesUS.com, all you have to do is follow these instructions: http://www.recipesus.com/add-your-food-blog.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    Kind regards,
    Senka
    www.recipesus.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the flavor combinations in this. Classic stuffings are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I would use store-bought cornbread to make this easier, I love the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stuffing looks very moist, almost pudding like. It makes me want to make a batch of stuffing right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love stuffing. We make it both in the bird and out of the bird.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding nuts is a really interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The idea of nuts in stuffing appeals to me too. Looking at the list of ingredients, I know this must have a wonderful aroma while baking. Thank you for linking, Chaya!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stuffing sounds wonderful, Chaya! Thanks for sharing at All my Bloggy Friends. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share this week! :)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.