This week's muffins, I had guessed, hubby would not like. This is a man who eats a banana a day and has done so for many years but does not usually like banana bread or banana cake. I did not have high hopes for these muffins which did have a banana as part of its make-up.
Do any of you like bananas but not banana bread? Can you explain that to me? I do want to understand my poor misjudged husband.
Tropical Muffins (adapted from allrecipes.com)
- 2 cups gluten-free brown rice flour mixture
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (I forgot to put this in and these came out perfectly.)
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups diced ripe mango
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and lime
- juice; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the mango, banana, raisins and nuts.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.