Monday, April 30, 2012

Tropical Muffins


This week's muffins, I had guessed, hubby would not like. This is a man who eats a banana a day and has done so for many years but does not usually like banana bread or banana cake.  I did not have high hopes for these muffins which did have a banana as part of its make-up.

Do any of you like bananas but not banana bread?  Can you explain that to me?  I do want to understand my poor misjudged husband.



Tropical Muffins  (adapted from allrecipes.com)

Ingredients

  • 2 cups gluten-free brown rice flour mixture
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt (I forgot to put this in and these came out perfectly.)
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 3/4 cup Canola oil
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 2 cups diced ripe mango
  • 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Method:

  1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, oil and lime 
  2. juice; add to the dry ingredients just until moistened. Stir in the mango, banana, raisins and nuts.
  3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. 

7 comments:

  1. Nice flavors in your muffins, they look delicious. Sorry your hubby didn't like them. I do kind of get that because I love black coffee and espresso, but not as a flavor in ice cream or candy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG My mouth is watering. Thank you so much for following my blog :) FOllowing you via Linky followers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand not liking bananas but liking banana bread - but the reverse is just kooky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like banana bread but not bananas. The only way I really like to eat bananas is swimming in alcohol and set on fire!

    Thank you for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband is like that. He likes to eat bananas, but nothing made with them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delicious looking muffins! I like bananas and I also like banana bread, but sometimes I prefer the bananas to the bread, I'm not sure why since I (to mine own detriment!) love baked goods. It may have something to do with the consistency of the bananas when they're cooked, I'm not sure...

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.